Tuesday 9 December 2014

EASY VIRTUE by MIA ASHER 5 STAR REVIEW!!!



Love is selfish...
My name is Blaire.

I'm the bad girl.

The other woman.

The one who never gets the guy in the end.

I'm the gold digger.

The bitch.

The one no one roots for.

The one you love to hate.

I hate myself too...

Everyone has a story. Are you ready for mine?



BUY LINKS



REVIEW


 Easy Virtue has nudged the top of my best reads list for 2014 hands down & no two ways about it. I spent the better part of my weekend reading this book TWICE. I highlighted half of the narrative, and I spent way too much time sitting on my bathroom floor (vacuum cleaner in one hand, phone in the other) hanging out in the support group; talking theories with fellow Asher Groupies. Like many of you I loved Arsen. I was wrecked after it, and couldn't wait for more from Mia. Easy Virtue showcases her talent for writing angst in a spectacular way. I mean this book is absolutely prodigious. I just can't adequately convey how much I loved it. An awesome way to wind up my reading year!

A bit about the Characters...

Blaire White
So growing up she had more than her share of misery. But her life experience has only served to strengthen her resolve to never again be vulnerable, and exposed to the pain love can bring. She is totally aware of her beauty and uses it to propel herself and attain the lifestyle she desires.  She is a self-confessed gold digger, and a shameless opportunist. She is the archetypal ice queen. She has hardened her heart and built a fortress around it, but little by little we learn that she does indeed still have one none the less.

 “You can call me heartless if you want, but the truth is the best way not to get hurt and not to get your heart broken, is by pretending that you lack one. And sometimes, I believe it. Almost”

Blaire is a maneater and in reality she is  a girl I would loath, but it’s impossible to hate her. She is fierce and unapologetic, unrepentant and utterly fascinating.

Lawrence Rothchild
Just the name alone screams old money! I mean this man is OMNIPOTENT, with an all seeing all knowing God- Like presence that is demanding as it is alluring.

“He’s smoke; dark, dark smoke that clouds my senses, whispers against my skin, and fills up my lungs, polluting me with his intoxicating beauty”

Lawrence is used to getting exactly what he wants and Blaire is at the top of his list. He is an enigma; he is rousing and puzzling at the same time, and it becomes subtly apparent that there is indeed more to him that we think. His wealth and power are unrivalled and that is what Blaire ultimately finds so alluring about him. He is her “decadent oblivion”.

Ronan (surname Unknown WINK)

The beautifully sweet hearted guy who manages to chip away at her impenetrable exterior, letting light in to her darkened heart. She surreptitiously meets him and is swept away...

“Being with him is simple. Its Magic. He’s summertime and his kisses warm sunlight. Whenever we’re together I can hear the fast beating of my heart, feel the blood rushing to my head, his nearness setting my body ablaze”

Can she let herself love and be loved? Or will her unyielding appetite for material wealth eclipse the  buried desires of her heart? All I can tell you is this is one very thick and layered plot that will blow your mind . I would like to warn you though, that Easy Virtue will most likely ruin you for other books…at least for a while.

**"LOVE IS SELFISH. LOVE IS UNKIND. LOVE HURTS"**


*****5 RESPLENDENT, SHINY STARS*****



Connect with Mia Asher
Facebook
Twitter
pintrest
website


No comments:

Post a Comment