Monday 31 March 2014

Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love, #4)Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Archer's Voiceby Mia SheridanMia Sheridan

I sat down to write this review a few times and each time I had to walk away exasperated after writing, scribbling it out, writing some more then deleting.
The reason was simply that this book stunned me and rendered me incapable of forming any coherent sentences. I mean I've always loved English; it was my favourite subject at school. While those around me either slept through it or wore glazed over expressions I devoured it, the English language thrilled me, and it’s never failed me until now.




I have scoured through countless dictionaries and thesauruses and I have failed to find words potent enough to convey my feelings about this book.There just aren't any, which is a funny thing because then I remember that in this book Archer Hale conveyed so much using no words at all.

SYNOPSIS
When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love. THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. The first three books in the series need not be read to enjoy this book. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

This book has made such an impression on me that I have come to the conclusion that my life can now be clearly categorised into BAV and AAV – yep before Archer’s Voice and after Archer’s voice.It has left me with a renewed faith in love and it has also forced me to reflect on the times when I have failed to reach out to those who are marginalised or even just misunderstood for fear of judgement or just fear, period.

I felt so much sadness for Archer the child who saw and experienced immeasurable pain and suffering and I lamented for Archer the man who had been changed at such a fundamental level as a result.

I am in awe of Mia Sheridan’s ability to bring to life this complex character who displays integrity, gentility, inner strength and of course the sex appeal of a thousand Greek Gods while still allowing him to be authentic, raw, fragile and tormented.

I fell in love with Archer over and over slowly, and as the story unravelled I knew I too was unravelling.The underlying themes are many but for me, one that really resonated was forgiveness, it was almost a spiritual experience.I really could wax poetic all day long when it comes to this “awkward, beautiful, silent boy” but I’ll move on to Bree Prescott.

“I didn’t know enough to dream you, Bree, but somehow you came true anyway. How did that happen?”

Isn’t it wonderful when a book has enough room for two equally grand and loveable characters? Even though Bree has endured insufferable pain and struggles daily with PTSS. She remains true to herself.Her past has done nothing to erode her Brave and sweet hearted nature. She has no reservations about pushing down the defensive walls Archer has placed around himself.

“Archer Hale had taught himself an entire language but hadn’t a single person to talk to…until me”

She is the first person to truly see him and offer him what no one else in town has ever bothered to; friendship, and so their soul connection begins to form. Perhaps the pain that haunts Bree enables her to recognise it in Archer and that is the reason she is so drawn to him.

This book has it all, the romance and steam are off the charts, and the humour is unexpected and endearing.The secondary characters are engaging and the plot is so well thought out, you are barely conscious of actually reading it.It’s more like the story is whispered to your soul as you move through the book.I know I am rambling on a bit but I make no apologies this book warrants it. Archer’s Voice is in a league of its own. You need to prepare yourself to read this book, clear your plate so you can honour it properly. I know I will read this book thousands of times before they bury my old bones.

Thankyou Mia Sheridan, for the gift of Archer Hale.
10+ beautiful, heartfelt, sparkly stars.

Watch the beautiful trailer here:
http://youtu.be/2iM2KBq61Ng



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment